Monday 8 December 2014

I'd Like to Order a Pizza

The flyers came in the mail today. I have to say, there were many terrible pieces that I immediately threw out... but I looked at every one of those pieces and examined them like a hawk - a sexy hawk might I add. Most were busy, loud, irritating pieces that didn't stick, didn't resonate on any level. Believe me, I had the kids and husband around analyzing and quizzing them to the point of shame.
 
 

One flyer out of all of them made an impact on all of us. The Pizza 73 piece. Now, I want to mention here, as it is completely relevant, that I am both lactose and gluten intolerant, so the thought of pizza does absolutely nothing for me, but the font (both colour and font) captured my attention, and so did the photos (large, delicious looking, and simple) and the lack of tons of text - all made it an easy read that I wanted to review. Their marketing director has the magic formula because it wasn't just me who thought this was a captivating piece, but my step son and husband who commented on the size of the photos and the lack of text. Simple, clean lines, you didn't have to think about it.

This is the key to advertising, make it simple. One point at a time - if you have more points than that let the story evolve over time but don't lay it all out at once... that's advertising rape. That's offensive.

The next time you see an ad that resonates take a closer look. Chances are it was simple, with some eye grabbing graphics/photos that made you interested in looking further.

No comments:

Post a Comment